Progressive Possession | Opposed Skill (18-P2)
Set Up | 2 v 1 Short Passing & Support
This 2 v 1 practice develops player's ability to make angles quickly and play under pressure in tight spaces. By focusing on this quick possession, players will get an understanding of movement of teammates, improving their first touch and passing quality.
Key Coaching Questions
- How can you create space better?
- What must you do when playing under pressure?
- Can you move defender around?
- Body shape to play quickly.
- First touch away from defender.
- ABC: Agility | Balance | Co-ordination
- Players keep ball moving.
- Receiving areas on controlling foot.