Physical Outcomes | Agility & Speed (101-P1)
Set Up / Organisation
This practice combines physical elements for players together with finishing. Each player must jump over each hurdle, before turning to perform quick diagonal shuttles, progressing to straight line accelerations and decelerations. Finally each player will finish from a pass from the coach before joining the queue again.
Progressions & Constraints | 1
- Add timings for players and ensure the technique is maintained.
Progressions & Constraints | 2
- Develop competition between individuals or groups, counting time and goals towards totals.
Key Coaching Points
- Physical | Developing power and speed in these individual physical practices.
- Technical | Improve quick feet and jumping technique together with finishing.
- Psychological | Maintain focus with repetitive practice and a growth mindset to recognise how they can improve in each exercise.
Key Coaching Questions
- What area do you need to improve on in your physical approach?
- When in the game does each physical element come into play?