Attacking Centrally | Skill Practice (01-P3)
Organisation / Set Up
Develop player's ability to combine and rotate in central areas, penetrating defensive covering lines. 5 v 5 in a 30 x 30 Yard area with a 10 x 10 Yard area with a single floater to connect play. Objective is for the possession team to use the central floater to keep possession in their attack.
Key Coaching Points
- Tactical | Recognise when to combine with central player to score point
- Social | Work collectively to build attacks and create space for central pass.
Progression | 1
- Remove floater and have a player from possession team to play in central area.
Key Coaching Point
- Technical | Weight and accuracy of pass and central player to play on one or two touches to combine.
Progression | 2
- Rotation in central area for possession team, either after pass or during possession phase.
Key Coaching Questions
- How do the opposition defend against this and what problems does this cause?
- How can central players combine in one touch effectively, what support can you provide in your teams for this player?