Physical & Social | Teamwork Warm Up (103-P1)
Practice 1 of our Physical Social Theme: 103 can be used as both a warm up and social development practice. Here we have a 30 x 30 Yard area, with a goal at each end protected by a Goalkeeper..
5 players in each half must hold hands, with one opposition player attempting to tag a player and get across to the other half, before being caught by one of 5 players who can release hands and chase after being tagged. If the player escapes, they must finish from a cross into the box. If a defender catches the player, they would themselves receive a pass to finish..
Key Coaching Points
- Tactical | Find space to escape after tagging
- Physical | Agility and Speed to get away
- Social | Group work together to enclose runner
Progressions & Constraints 1
Both groups must work at the same time, with tagged players dropping out to perform activities outside of the area, with teams moving players across zones to change roles until we are left with a 1 v 1.
- How can you get away effectively from chaser?
- Think about how you can best work together as a collective unit.