Ball Mastery | Passing (BM-05)
Organisation / Set Up
This Skill Practice develops short passing over 5-10 Yards, allowing players to use both feet whilst developing movement off of their first touch.
Key Coaching Points
- Technical | Short passing with both feet (Weight and accuracy)
- Technical | Control to move ball from one side to the other (Inside / Outside)
- Pysch | Confidence to improve technique steadily
Progressions & Constraints 1
Players must take the ball around each cone with their first touch towards the cone.
Progressions & Constraints 2
Once technique established and improvements observed, encourae players to rotate between grids after a certain number of passes; communication key here.
- WWhat is important for your teammates recieving your pass?
- What are the technical aspects of passing that you need to focus on?
- How can you ensure rotation between grids is smooth and players move quickly?