Ball Mastery | Control (BM-06)
Organisation / Set Up
This simple ball mastery practice, number 6 in the series, can be used as an activation exercise or to develop individual ball dribbling skills for younger players. In a 20 by 20 yard area, each player has a ball and must perform different dribbles, with different parts of the foot, using both feet.
Progressions & Constraints | 1
- Progress the practice by adding flat discs or cones, which players must dribble to when the coach signals, observe the speed of player's reactions.
Progressions & Constraints | 2
- Progress further by calling a different number to trigger players into forming groups as quickly as possible.
Key Coaching Points
- Technical | Ability to use both feet when dribbling
- Technical | Close control with both parts of the feet
- Physical | Agility to manoeuvre between players and cones
Key Coaching Questions
- How can you ensure you do not clash into other players?
- Can you use your weaker foot to perform 3 different dribbles?