Goalkeeper Handling | Technical Practice (26-P1)
Organisation / Set Up
GK moves over or through markers to small goal (6yd wide). Server pays ball at varying heights & speed from foot or hand using varying techniques for GK to collect, including: Volley, Half-volley, Ball bouncing in front of GK. Along ground.
Key Coaching Questions
- How quick can you move your feet?
- Focus on your reactions to feint movement?
- Can you keep hold of the ball - set targets e.g. 8 out of 10?
- How quickly can you get on your feet to distribute quickly?
- Agility to react to delivery.
- Keep hold of the ball where possible.
- Reactions to distribute after save accurately.