Ball Mastery | Body Control (BM-02)
This Ball Mastery practice develops players control with different parts of the body, with volleys, chest and head being used to control and pass the ball to opponents.
- Attacking Emphasis 90% 90%
- Defending Emphasis 10% 10%
Number of Players
Progression: Outside Players Skill
Progression 1: Single Defender
Introduce a defender to block different gates, encouraging more thoughtful movement.
Progression 2: Rotational Movement
Finally all players can be involved with rotational movement between players inside and out.
Key Coaching Points
- Technical | Ability to use both feet
- Technical | Control with feet, chest and head
- Physical | Agility to change direction
- How can you adjust to bad throws or passes quickly?
- What type of contact do you need to make, area of the ball?
- How can you avoid defenders better in this small area to travel through gates?