COUNTER ATTACKING | SKILL (02-P2)
Organisation / Set Up
This Dribbling practice requires at least 5 players in a 15 yard diameter circle area, with each player beginning with a ball each to dribble. Players encouraged to be creative and try as many tricks and dribbles as they can unopposed to begin with before introducing various obstacles and challenges.
- Attacking Emphasis 80% 80%
- Defending Emphasis 20% 20%
Number of Players
Progression 1: Add 2 Areas
Add 2 areas, where players must perform a different trick and with increased traffic closer control is encouraged.
Progression 2: Add Defender
Add a defender to add pressure to dribblers, so they must avoid each other as well as perform a dribble in area.
Progression 3: Passing Floater
Key Coaching Points
– Technical – Close control under pressure of defenders
– Technical – Ability to use both feet in turning
– Physical – Change of Pace when required
– Is the space available for players appropriate?
– How can I work individually with each player?
– Is there room to extend the challenge for higher ability players?