Ball Mastery | Turning (BM-03)
This Technical soccer drill focuses on 3 different soccer skills, with dribbling between cones, turning and running with the ball all elements of this soccer practice.
- Attacking Emphasis 90% 90%
- Defending Emphasis 10% 10%
Number of Players
Key Coaching Points: Speed and Technique
This practice develops dribbling, turning and running with the ball. Players must dribble to cones showing a change of pace.
Progression 1: Turns
Players must now select any 2 cones that they can run around and not just to, encouraging slightly different technique to turn.
Progression 2: Disguise
Encourage disguise from cone to cone, with stepovers, scissors and other turns players can conjure up shown in this progression.
Key Point: Competition
Once players are comfortable, add competition between groups, ensuring they maintain technique.
Key Coaching Points
- Technical | Close control when changing direction
- Technical | Use of both feet to move in and away from cones
- Physical | Speed after dribble to get away
- Where do you need to slow down and speed up and what is your best technique for this?
- Can you be creative in your disguise and how?
- How confident are you in using your weaker foot, where is best for you to use both feet and how?