Shooting From Range | Technical (23-P1)
50 x 30 Yard area with cones set up as shown with a ball on each cone. Each area will have a goal and Goalkeeper for players to shoot and players will be split into 2 groups to start. Idea is for one player from each group to run to each cone take their shot and sprint back around base cone / manequin before shooting next ball and so on.
Duration: 25 minutes Skill: Passing & Control Age Group: 11+
10+ DISCS 10+ BALLS 8+ PLAYERS EASY 50 x 30 Yards
Finishing Technique - Speed On The Turn - Endurance - Composure
P1: Shoot & Switch
Players must now keep up with player in opposite group, as must switch to finish after every shot
P2: Alternate crosses
Players must alternate between finishing and playing wide to cross and finish
P3: Floater Decisions
Outside players can now change their movement, so finisher must make decision where to play pass to finish
Touchtight Soccer Practice Tips
Maintain speed here as well as finishing technique, as this will develop anaerobic capacity with shuttle runs in between stations. Ball collection important, maybe player rotation or coach positioned behind, depending on player’s ability.
Key Coaching Questions (1 & 2):
- 1. Finishing technique, focusing on contact, body shape and approach (3 mins)
- 2. Movement to get away from cone, slow return and then sprint to approach ball, steady and then finish (6 mins)
Progression 1: (6 minutes)
- 1. Competitive element between groups. Points for finishing, on target and completing course combined.
Key Coaching Questions (3 & 4):
- 3. Is quality of movement and finishing maintained? How and why? (9 mins)
- 4. How does your weaker foot differ to stronger and how can you improve technique? (12 mins)
Progression 2: (12 minutes)
- 2. Switch areas after finish, to work change of direction and pace
Key Coaching Questions (5 & 6):
- 5. With switch to other area, how is your movement affected? (15 mins)
- 6. How can you improve your acceleration away from central cone? (18 mins)
Progression 3: (18 minutes)
- 3. Use floaters to combine for crosses or finish individually, player's choice with alternation between crossing and finishing.
- * How do you feel about your finishing and how can you develop your technique over the next few weeks?
- ** Can you improve your agility and movement to lose players? Can you relate this to an actual game.