Counter Attacking | Skill Practice (02-P3)
Key Coaching Point | 1
- 2 v 2 with a floater in 15 x 15, when possession won play ball into striker and player to support creating 2 v 1 to a finish; work both directions.
- Passing Weight/Direction | Timing of Movement | Support Play | Rotation
Progressions & Constraints | 1
- Two Players to support striker, defender active on first touch. 1 recovering defender creates 3 v 2 situation - players rotate attackers and defenders.
Key Coaching Questions
- How quickly can you escape possession press?
- How can you hold ball up effectively for support?
- What movement is best to create and exploit space in 2 v 1 overload?
- Magic Pass and Clinical Finishing in the box?
- Speed and angle of support.
- Initial touch out of square and pass with intent to attack quickly.
- Decision to lay off or turn for striker, depending on defenders skills and decision making.
- Non-verbal and verbal cues to break space and create clear opportunities.
- Finishing technique, being clinical in and around the box.