Building Play In A 433 | Individual (31-P1)
Organisation / Set Up
This is practice 1 from Theme 31 Playing out in a 433 against a 442. This practice includes 5 mini goals for a single player to pass into, replicating receiving players in the 433 shape as shown. This poses problems for defenders when looking to build play with quick decisions in possession.
Progressions & Constraints | 1
Players will look to play in 1 or 2 touches, taking the ball across their body at the right time, recognising when to open out or switch play.
Progressions & Constraints | 2
Players must use both feet and step into the ball when the pass demands it.
Key Coaching Points
- Tactical | Movement to receive and body shape to play in 1 or 2 touches
- Technical | Passing accuracy and first touch to control
- Social | Gain understanding of teammates (mini goals positions
Key Coaching Questions
- What should be your first thought when receiving?
- What option feels more natural when passing and what feels more difficult? Why?