Ball Mastery | Turning (BM-03)
Organisation / Set Up
This Technical soccer drill focuses on 3 different soccer skills, with dribbling between cones, turning and running with the ball all elements of this soccer practice.
Key Coaching Points
- Technical | Close control when changing direction
- Technical | Use of both feet to move in and away from cones
- Physical | Speed after dribble to get away
Progressions & Constraints 1
Players must now select any 2 cones that they can run around and not to, encouraging slightly different technique to turn.
Progressions & Constraints 2
Encourage disguise from cone to cone, with stepovers, scissors and other turns players can conjure up shown in this progression.
- Where do you need to slow down and speed up and what is your best technique for this?
- Can you be creative in your disguise and how?
- How confident are you in using your weaker foot, where is best for you to use both feet and how?