Defend The Defending Third | Skill Practice (03-P1)
- Tactical | Compactness to protect space behind defensive line and recognition of when to squeeze or drop as a back line.
- Technical | Defending in 1 v 1s and Defensive clearances (headers / tackles)
- Social | Collective defending, limiting spaces in between and communication to perform group actions (press/drop/shuffle)
- Implement opportunities for defenders to recover during counter attacks, this may be after they have regained possession and look to score in mini goals.
- Create opportunities to defend the goal with high balls and crosses around the 6 yard box, encouraging goalkeeper and defenders to protect goal.
- When do you press and when do you delay?
- What is causing the defensive line problems and how can you use the offside line to influence attacking options?