Developing Support Play | Skill (05-P2)
Organisation / Set Up
This practice is focused on improving support play between players. We position 5 sets of 2 poles with a 3 yard gap between each on a pitch 40 by 40. Objective is for team in possession to combine with a teammate with a pass through a gate. Focus on speed of support, reactions to opposition screening and use of the switch to break pressure.
Key Coaching Points
- Tactical| Transition (Dispersal v Immediate Support)
- Technical | Angles and distances of support
- Psych | Recognition of switch to make quick passing opposite side
Progressions & Constraints 1
Win game if 2 goals scored in 3 touches.
Progressions & Constraints 2
Player from opposition drops out after every successful combination, last team standing.
- How can we escape quick pressure?
- How do we immediately support after goal scored?
- Why and how can teams switch play?