Playing Out From The Back | Technical Practice (14-P3)
Organisation / Set Up
This practice develops the movement of midfield players to receive in front and behind markers to build play or keep possession. Vary options for central player to play forward to break lines, with challenges for individuals through 1-2 combinations.
Key Coaching Points
- (Tech) First touch to ready forward or bounce pass
- (Tact) Movement to create space to lose marker as in a game (replicate scenarios - i.e. midfielders centrally)
- (Psych) Be consistent, don't get bored, set yourself individual challenges (i.e. 1 and 2 touch)
Progressions & Constraints 1
First touch must take you across mannequin before playing through to break the line.
- How can you create space for yourself to play through?
- How does this link to your game and how can you challenge yourself?
- When is the right time to play in front or set in a game? Can we increase challenge in this practice?