Retain Possession To Attack | Opposed Skill (17-P3)
- (Tactical Key Point) Floaters positioning to receive and build play effectively
- (Technical Key Point) First touch and distribution both short and long
- (Psychological Key Point) Brave to receive the ball under pressure to play out
- We progress the practice by allowing a single attacking player to join in the attacking half creating a 4 v 3 overload. This forces defenders to cover lateral space quicker and attackers to be more selective with their passes, protecting themselves against possible counter attacks.
- How can you play quickly to build play from one end to the other?
- What allows you to play more direct and how does this affect defenders positioning?