Receiving To Dribble & Drive | Opposed Practice (44-P1)
Organisation / Set Up
The first animation (of 14) in our Receiving To Dribble & Drive theme concentrates on dribbling with the ball in 3 different scenarios to developed isolated technical ability before progressing to 1 v 1s and then important decision making to finish. With 3 zones, we have a simple technical dribbling and finishing practice, followed by a 1 v 1 and finishing practice, before a 2 v 1 defending overload to challenge dribbling players.
Key Coaching Points
- Tactical | Identify space to exploit in each practice situation, this will differ
- Technical | Ability to take on players at pace and move defenders with quick feet
- Psychological | Confidence to take on players and try to solve problems.
Progressions & Constraints
Progress to cone off the area and players to play in a 3 v 3 with a goalkeeper at each end
Key Coaching Questions
- How are defenders defending against you? How can you overcome this?
- What different types of dribbles can you use to beat defenders? Be creative!