Improve Final Third Combinations | Skill Practice (07-P3)
Organisation / Set Up
Defenders set up either side of the defending third. One defender plays pass into 1 of 2 attackers who attack defender quickly to get shot off against GK. One big goal for Attacking players to attack and 2 mini goals for Defender to attack if they win possession. Pass from each side and rotate attackers and defenders after 4-5 minutes
Progression & Constraints | 1
- 3 v 2 Attacking v Defending situation.
Progression & Constraints | 2
- Add time constraints to score and zones to protect as a defending pair.
Key Coaching Points
- Technical: Running with the ball at defenders and execution of pass and finish.
- Tactical: Recognise space to exploit with the overload.
- Physical: Speed to break lines with and without the ball.
Key Coaching Questions
- Where does the space appear in the attacking phase?
- How can you move defenders around to create space to attack?
- How does the progression influence attacking options?