Improve Final Third Combinations | Skill (07-P2)
In this Opposed Skill Practice, we aim to develop Final Third Combinations to create and exploit space in these areas to create chances.
2 Directional Practice - 45 x 40 (Adult) area split into 2 halves as shown. 14 Players consisting of 2 groups of 3 v 3 together with a GK. Objective is for players to score in 3 v 3s, using safe zone to be patient and recycle the ball, allowing movement to create space. Many progressions from this to be added.
Key Coaching Points:
- Ability to lose markers in tight area
- Go & Show movement to lose players
- Floater can join in central area to create 2 v 3 underload
Key Coaching Questions:
- Communication with passing and support players
- Ability to finish chances
- Allowing different combinations to be created from different angles
- Focus on initial passing quality and movement off the ball to keep possession before transferring. Angles and distances of floating player and single player to finish is crucial with underload. Movement to lose opposition and player-to-player understanding is important to finish. Quick Finishing technique with individuals.