Developing Diamond Possession | Skill Practice (32-P1)
Set Up / Organisation
This Diamond Possession passing practice, allows you to embed some simple principles in players who may be playing in a diamond formation, or simply to develop an understanding between units. Objective is for passing team to break the defensive pairs line with penetrative pass.
Key Coaching Questions
- How can you create space better?
- What must you do when playing under pressure?
- Can you move defender around?
- How could we change this practice?
- Body shape to play quickly.
- First touch away from defender.
- ABC (Agility, Balance & Co-ordination).
- Players keep ball moving.
- Receiving areas on controlling foot.